World Soccer Brutal Plays -The Need to Restore Decency with 10 x 10 Rule by Richard Wiegand
This past weekend was one of the most BRUTAL that I’ve ever seen in the Bundesliga
- Sebastian Proedl of Bremen brutally kicked in the face by a Kaiserslautern defender
- Proedl suffered a broken nose, broken jaw, and a concussion
Proedl is out for the rest of the season
- Benedikt Hoewedes suffered a broken jaw – 6-8 weeks out
- Daniel van Buyten suffered a broken bone in his foot when Marco Reus intentionally stepped on it while scrambling for the ball. Van Buyten will be out for at least 3 months
Other BRUTAL injuries this past season include
• Subitic of Dortmund – broken jaw and concussion – was out 3 months
While some of these injuries were not caused by malicious play by the opposing team…..
Some of them clearly were either intentional …
or simply reckless…
Let’s Do Something About this Brutality NOW!
To help clean up the game and restore some beauty to world soccer, I am proposing that the top leagues as well as FIFA and UEFA implement a new set of rulessimilar to what I came up with and that I call The 10 x 10 Rule. Here it is:
1. Suspend the guilty player with 10 match suspension
(across all levels of competition including internationals)
2. The team for whom the foul-committing player plays must pay
10 times the salary of the injured player to the injured player’s team
–for as long as the player remains out of commission.
Players injured for life to receive remuneration equal to the projected cumulative future career earnings for that player.
health and well-being of all professional players around the world.
If leagues don’t act together to crack down now on “thugs” any of the following will happen:
• the quality of play will decline dramatically (as good players drop like flies and more lower quality players are left playing the game)
• lower level teams will climb the tables at the expense of the more successful clubs
•All teams will begin to take justice in their own hands and take out perpetrators and/or inflict vengeful fouls to get even
• star players will make much less money because they will not be perceived as worth the risk of higher compensation levels (as the possibly for injury remains high)
On behalf of the majority of soccer fans, coaches, and skilled players – ProSoccerTactics.com urges FIFA, UEFA, and all domestic leagues to meet and agree on a blanket policy that enforces clean play and punishes thugs and teams that advocate brutish style of play. It is high time to restore a sense of decency to the game.
What do YOU think?
Do you agree that the game must be made safer for players?
Or, do you feel that because soccer is a contact sport, brutal fouls and injuries will always be a part of the game?
How would you suggest going about making the game safer?
Drop us a line in the comments box. We’d love to hear your opinion.
To see the YouTube video from this article CLICK HERE!